This group of topics comprises my views on
matters I think every decent person (straight or
not-straight) ought to know: what some people
quite wrongly call our "lifestyle." But the work is only barely
is sexuality, and what does it have to so with
- What are the lessons from the African-American civil rights
struggle, from feminism, and from the anti-Vietnam War
movements that all lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals should
know about and take to heart?
- For the straight
person who wants to be my friend.
- What should all straight people know about us?
- How society discriminates against us, even where (as in
Wisconsin) it's illegal to do so.
- What is homophobia and why is everybody both a
homophobe and a victim of homophobia?
- What about gay and lesbian youth?
- Coming out: why it's important and why you must do it.
- What support resources are out there?
- What effects will HIV have on our sexual beings?
- Who are our real enemies?
- Why is there no real national leadership on our issues?
- What binds and divides our subcultural communities?
- The coming backlash and a new militancy surrounding LGB issues.
- Anger as a route to compassion and spiritual enlightenment.